Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week 11. Online Applications and Tools

I have not been able to look at the slideshow from slide share for examples of of free online productive tools - it was too slow to load on dial up. I will try at work soon.

I was able to sign up for an account at Google Docs. I created a document and shared it with nswpln@gmail.com not sure if it went through correctly. The first time I put a (.) after nsw. So I tried sharing again using correct email address but it still went to same person.

It was easy to create a document and to look at different versions of same document after corrections.

I tried adding a picture but something went wrong so I deleted the link.

After the sharing document I then tried to send it to my blog - there were a few hiccups but eventually I found the correct tab to click. The instructions in help were a little different to what I did. But eventually the document was sent to my Blog. I wonder where the other two tries went.

I shared a book review for a book I read a few weeks ago as my document for this exercise.

Book Review

Agnes and the hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer

This book is about a woman with anger problems. She writes a food column and is called Cranky Agnes. Agnes is living in her dream house and will do anything to keep her house.

Agnes is preparing to cater for an important wedding. (She has a lot to lose if she doesn't hold the wedding at her house). As the wedding date gets closer things start going wrong.

Each time she solves a problem another obstacle appears. There is a few accidental killings, some shootouts and some murders.

There is a secret room, a missing 5 million dollars and lots of secrets.

It all starts when a picture of her dog wearing a necklace appears in the local newspaper.

All the way through the book Agnes keeps cooking delicious meals for her friends and anyone else who happens to call in to her house, especially at breakfast time.

As well as the delicious meals, Agnes finds time to spice up her love life.

I really enjoyed this book. There were a lot of surprises, some of the situations were a bit unbelievable but so funny.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Hope you've been able to have a look at slideshare? I liked your book review too - a perfect example of the things we can share with our colleagues and users.

Victoria